Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend

Why is it we're always so tired after the weekend? Maybe it's just that we know we have to go back to work. Maybe it's getting up early after not having to for two days. Maybe we just do too much in the two days off that we couldn't get done during the week. Anyway, I'm tired today, but I kinda know why. I ran around all weekend, barely sat still and then last night I saw Burn After Reading and didn't get home till 11:00. I get up at 6 so that's pretty late for me. But it was a good weekend, Friday I went to happy hour, Saturday I went to Long Beach and had crepes for brunch with my friend Jen and her new live in boyfriend Oliver, then went to the beach and layed out for an hour. Sat night I saw my friend Brendan's band play in my hood with my friend Arlene. Sunday I had lunch with my friend Shannon, did some shopping, went home and made smoothies for breakfast for my dept for today (yummy and healthy btw) then went to the movie at 8:00 with the guy. Ah, the guy. So what's up with that you might ask. And I'd have to tell you I still don't know. Yep, nothing is decided yet, but we have been discussing and who knows, maybe it will all work out. And even if it doesn't, that's still ok, and I've definitely learned some things from this experience, so that's a good thing. I found out that he has this idea in his head that if we are exclusive it's automatically this big relationship; introducing the kids, meeting families, all that crap. So I told him that perhaps he could change his definition of exclusive to simply dating one person, no one owns anyone else, we don't have to go on family vacations, god knows I don't want to subject him to my family at this point. He seemed really surprised by the idea that we could date exclusively without it being this big thing, just taking it one step at a time. Of course he's a guy so I had to spell it out plus I think he has dated a lot of 30 year olds since his divorce who are looking to get married and pop out a kid and that's not me, thank you very much. He is the type who takes some time to process everything so of course he needs to think it over this week. I asked him if it was something he wanted to explore and he said "of course, I love spending time with you and I really like you". He knows I will not see him if he continues seeing other women, I made that very clear this time, but even if we stop dating I think we can stay friends. He's supposed to call this week and I am not calling or emailing in the meantime plus I have a date tonight with someone else. I'd like to just see him but I can't assume anything so emotionally I have moved on a bit. He is a good guy I think, unless he's totally BSing me which is somewhat possible, but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home