Monday, September 25, 2006

Details...

since you asked, here ya go.
Taste of Burbank was fun, I went to his place to meet him, hadn't been there before, met the roommate and her cat, always interesting. here's a fun fact: I've never (really, never) met a cat who didn't like me, they all like me, I think they can tell how much I love cats. this one hissed at me. not normal.
anyway, we are on our way over there, he tells me his oldest son (18) is already there with his GF and her family, do I mind if he calls the son when we get there so we can all meet up? I'm thinking, wow, meeting one of the kids, not sure I'm ready to do that but I tell him it's fine. so we get there, walking around, he calls the son, they find us, nice kid, cute couple, girl is like 16, they are just too cute, really. and they are friendly with good manners, always a plus. we spend maybe 10 minutes talking to them and they have to go. so we walk around, eat all different kinds of food and then after I take him for a drink at a new restaurant then back to his place where we have another drink and make out for a bit and then he wants me to go in the bedroom with him (not for that he says, but we all know where that leads) but it's like 10 and I need to go home anyway, so I say I have to get home and he walks me to my car.
Friday, we email at work most of the day, Saturday I know he has his kids but I have this feeling... he calls Saturday afternoon to see what I'm up to which is exactly zip so he asks if I want to come over and watch a movie or something, meet the other two kids, hang out, if I feel comfortable of course. do I feel comfortable, that's the question. I mean, we've been dating two weeks or so, it's kind of soon to meet the kids but he says they've already heard about me from him and from the oldest kid... so I say sure, I'll come over. I go over around 7, they are both out, one at a movie and the daughter at her friend's but we are going to pick them up later. so we have some wine and talk and then we go to pick up the son, he's 13, he and his friend saw Little Miss Sunshine, how two 13 year olds who looke 11 to me got into an R rated movie is beyond me, but anyway, he's a nice kid, shakes my hand when he meets me, starts talking to me right away, just friendly and outgoing. drop off the friend and go to p/u the daughter, she's 16, she also shakes my hand and we all go to get food, they are in the backseat messing around, just being teenagers, they don't seem to mind that I am there and were just being themselves. we ended up watching Anchor Man with the son while the daughter was online and then on the phone, when I left she came out to say goodbye, I think she was going to hug me but I didn't want to impose on her so I shook her hand again as well as the 13 year old's and took off.
I think that went well, I was invited to come over again yesterday but declined since I didn't want to take both their days with their dad. I think things are going well, still haven't done the deed and I'm good with that, I think I'm in an actual relationship and interested in seeing where it goes.
as for him, he's going to be 46 next month (gift ideas?), he works as a recruiter for a large mortgage company (so similar fields), he's been divorced 10 years, has the three kids, was in a three year relationship after the divorce, makes a decent living and is not cheap and seems to like me a lot. so there ya go, so far I haven't f'd it up and he hasn't annoyed me, it's almost a miracle on par with loaves and fishes and such.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beanns37 said...

Exactly. I am cautiously excited I guess but in a way you keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, don't you? It always does, and while I'd like this time to be different there's no way to know yet so I want to wait before I get excited.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home