Monday, August 14, 2006

Isn't it ironic

I just thought of this and I think it is ironic. Granted, I find a lot of things ironic, such as the fact that many conservative Christians want to ban things like abortion and gay marriage yet the states with the highest percentage of unwed mothers are all in the bible belt. Ironic.
This story is about my dad and is also ironic. He used to violently dislike when members of other religions would come to the house and try to "sell" their particular brand to us. Mormons, Jehovah's Witness's, etc, they all annoyed him equally as they do me in fact. He would tell me he was going to answer the door nude to disuade them from frequenting our house but to my knowledge he never did that. However, one time two of them came to the door and had their pamphlets and jumped right in and asked him "where do you think you're going to go when you die?". so my dad says "I don't know about you, but I'm going to Chicago", which if you knew him was a pretty standard answer to a question like that. of course I thought that was funny as hell but the missionaries were appalled. One asked "is that really where you think you're going?" and my dad said something like "get the hell off my porch!" and slammed the door in their faces. funny stuff. but here's the ironic part: my dad passed away a few years ago and was living in Santa Maria, CA but wanted to be buried at Fort Snelling, MN because he was a veteren of WWII so my mom had his body flown back to MN but on the way there was a stop over. where do you suppose that stop over was??? why yes, it was in Chicago! So for all those zealoty, over religious types who think they know everything and that their way is the only way I say HA! My dad knew where he was going and none of you could have gotten that right, so get the hell off my porch!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED this post! Burt and I think the whole "answer the door naked" is a wonderful approach to those folks who sell religion door to door, but we're afraid it might scare off the girl scouts and then we'll never get our cookies!

Ex&Burt

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home