Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Third date...

yes, made it past the second date and we are going to dinner tonight at Kabuki in Pasadena for sushi. this guy is really nice although he's very into PDA (public displays of affection) which am not so much into. the hand holding and all is fine but macking in Pottery Barn is not really my thing. I will probably have to put an end to that kind of thing as it makes me uncomfortable. Other than that, he's actually a nice guy, maybe too nice... I'm trying not to fall back into my usual patterns, just take it one date at a time and give him a chance. we'll see how sucessful I am.
I need to find a new career path, so if anyone has any suggestions... I have a bachelors degree in sociology/criminology, 8+ years experience in the financial industry and over 5 years experience training. there's got to be something interesting to do that wouldn't sap my will to live after 2 years.
I love my cat, I really need to post a pic of her, she's just the funniest critter ever and one of the only beings on earth who gives me more peace than stress. everyone should have a pet/friend/thing to love like Monkee.
that's all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beanns37 said...

I know, when I get home Monkee is almost always waiting right at the door and if she's not I call her and make her come running because I really need to be greeted by that face when I get home :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

ah, shoe judge, I like that idea! :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

I miss my critters. Haven't seen them in 5 days. What sort of thing are you interested in doing? Do you want a career or a job?

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can offer is that I went to college for 4 years, got a degree in Accounting, worked as an Accountant for twelve years - and for the last 7 years I have been a blackjack dealer, and much happier being one than being an accountant. Go figure....

10:44 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

at this point a career sounds good, although I suppose I do have one of those, just not the one I want. I would like to use my degree, I have always been interested in crime, why people do the things they do, etc. I'm apparently qualified to be a finger print type person- go to the scene, fingerprint it, go back and do whatever it is they do. or a jury consultant- help defense or prosecuting atty's choose the jury they think will go their way. I just don't know, and some of those things don't pay what I make already, can't really afford to take a pay cut.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home