Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Too busy!

Omg, I've just been too busy to blog or do much of anything. I was so anti-social I didnt' even leave the house at all on Sunday, never even unlocked my door although I did go on my patio mometarily. I've been working overtime every week and with my drive to and from I am spending at least 50 hrs a week just for work purposes. And then trying to help plan my 20th HS reunion for January, somehow I ended up in charge, I have to stop being so bossy, it only gets me more work. Plus I am going back to Eugene Dec. 3rd for job testing and hopefully interviews so I had to book another flight and rent a car, everything is so damn expensive, haven't reserved a hotel yet but they are running kind of high right now... sigh
So keep fingers crossed that I don't have a brain fart and I do well on the test so they grant me an interview. Really I'm hoping to line up several since I will be there Monday thru Thursday, might as well not waste all that time. I've applied to be an Employee Benefits Rep, an Event Coordinator for a college, an Asst Textbook Buyer for another college and as a 9-1-1 operator (that's the one I am going for testing for). I'm hoping I get offered at least one position if not more and that they pay enough for me to accept.
As for Eugene, I think it will definitely take some getting used to, coming from a huge city like LA, it's much smaller and not metro at all but it's really beautiful up there, small enough to walk around, the people are nice and welcoming, the air is clean, so is the water, and if I can find a job that pays close to what I make here I can easily buy a house. My first day in town, I'd been there maybe 5 hours, and I was asked out on a date and had phone numbers for another two guys plus a girl who lives in Portland and offered to show me around that city in case I decided to move there instead. The second night I went on the date with Michael and the day after that I actually went to Portland but mostly to go to Powell's, a HUGE bookstore, there are actually maps of the inside it's so big. Then my last full day there I walked around the whole town, just walked all day, stopped in different shops and to eat and take pictures, but other than that just walked. Then I went back to my hotel and showered and changed and went back to the bar/restaurant I met everyone at and Michael called while I was there and asked if it was ok if he came down, so he did and I hung out with him and the other guys all night, the owner put me on his tab, I didn't have to buy one drink, it was great. And then the next day I flew out. I have been single except for very short relationships here in LA for 8 years but I have a feeling I wouldn't be single there for very long unless I really wanted to be. So I think I'm going to try it, I mean, hell, life is so short, it's just flying by, I'm going to be 40 in a year and a half and I want to own a house and I want a slower pace of life and better quality of life. Everyone think good thoughts for my interview(s) and all that and I'll keep y'all updated.
Oh yeah, one bad thing, my grandmother died while I was in Eugene, it was not unexpected as she was 95 and had Alzheimers, but still, and the weird thing is I haven't cried at all, not sure why, but anyway, my uncle had her cremated and I think we are going to scatter her ashes as a family, maybe I'll cry then...

4 Comments:

Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Good luck in OR.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Thanks Urb

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you changed your address since the last time I checked?

and I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Hey Kath, my address is the same and thank you :)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home