Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More on the home invasion

so apparently the woman who was robbed thought one of the men looked familiar and after thinking about it now thinks it was one of the maintenance men who've been in the apartments recently. now I'm thinking, greeaaat, if they weren't targeted specifically, I could be on the list to get robbed, the only good thing is that I am on the second floor so more difficult oh and the fact that from a visual standpoint I don't have anything good to take, my tvs are old and small, my pc is used, and that's really all there is in my apartment besides books and clothes. I do love my clothes but hopefully men wouldn't be interested in taking them. even all my good jewelry is kept in a lock box and my guns. so now my lockbox has been removed from my house and my two best coats, but that's really all I can do. I am looking for a new apartment of course but don't know if/when I'll find one I can afford in a decent neighborhood. so wish me good luck in my search, I think I will need it.
I work tonight, kind of not happy about that, don't like leaving my apt uninhabited all day, but asked my downstairs neighbor to keep an ear/eye out for anyone going upstairs that shouldn't be. and I left lights on and the radio so hopefully it won't seem as empty. sigh.
other than that not much going on, am going to ren faire this weekend with my friend Karla, that s/b fun, have to close Friday and work Sunday most of the day but I gave away my Saturday shift so I could do something fun. I am hopefully even going to dress up so I may have some pics to post afterwards :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Broards said...

Beann,
that sucks (and is scary)
Look into ordering one of these:
http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/2006/03/29/good_cop_fake_c.php

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home