Monday, April 17, 2006

Scotsmen love their kilts...

So I had an interesting weekend... Saturday I went to the Renaissance Faire here in So Cal, I go with my friend Karla almost every year, it's a fun time, eat drink and make merry and all that. I have never dressed up however so this year I decided I wanted to and rented a costume at the Faire, just a skirt, top and corset, and boy do they strap you into those corsets, you can barely breathe but I didn't care, I looked cute and it was all for fun. I noticed a guy also renting a costume, it was a red plaid kilt and a cotton top, he was pretty cute and was smiling at me. Then later I saw him again when I was getting mead and my friend was getting Guinness, he was getting a drink too, he got done and we were standing there with our drinks and I say to him "so are you a real Scotsman" because if he is they don't wear anything under their kilts and instead of telling me anything he shows me that he is indeed a real Scotsman, in front of everyone getting their drinks, my friend, his friends, etc. I have to say I wasn't expecting that exactly but it was funny as hell and not bad to look at, altho I was in a bit of shock, I was laughing my ass off and he came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek (no, not that one!) and then Karla and I were standing around drinking our beverages and he and his friends came past and we ended up walking with them and I talked to him basically the rest of the day, his name is David he lives in Orange which is pretty far from Tujunga, he's 31 has a little boy works in sales, etc, got to know quite a bit about him, kissed him a few times and got his number. I called yesterday and he said he'd call back later in the week, so who knows where that will go, probably nowhere but ya never know and it all came about because I asked if he was a real Scotsman...
Easter Sunday I had to work, I'm not really Christian anyway so it doesn't matter to me, I was just tired and didn't want to work 7 hours but oh well. went in at 10:30 am worked till 6:15 pm, crappy way to spend a Sunday. anyway, I wanted to recount an interaction with a customer, I may seem like the biggest b*tch after you read this, but really, some of our customers are freakin insane and make me crazy. this old lady, I swear, she nuts, she comes in and orders her drink, a short soy latte, not a big deal, but has to repeat herself, each part of the order, like 3 times, I am not exaggerating, I mean, what am I, an idiot that you need to repeat yourself over and over to me, somehow I'm retarded and can't understand a simple freakin order? "I want a double cupped, that's two cups, double cupped, soy, it needs to be soy, ok?, soy, with foam, make sure it has foam", never says latte, so I say, a short soy latte? yes, that's what she wants, that comes with foam anyway, you old bat, just order it correctly and you won't have to freak out about it, pays with cash, wants a receipt for this whole $2 transaction which has to be printed separately, whatever, then wants a pastry, why do they need to be ordered and paid for separately, no idea, she's a freak, motions me over to the pastry case, points to the blueberry scones, one of those, but not from the top, not from the top, from the middle, the middle, I get one, it breaks because it's smooshed between other scones, have to get a second one, by now I'm so freakin irritated I can't be nice, I put it on the counter, she pays her $1.65 with cash, receipt AGAIN, and I'm not even smiling or saying thank you, I just need her to get the hell away from me before I lunge across the counter at her and she's like, all sweet "thank you, thank you" guess she has to say that multiple times too, and I just look at her and she wanders off to get her drink. I swear to god or goddess, people make me freakin nuts sometimes, I don't know what the hell is wrong with them but they need to stay the heck away from me because I have no patience for their insanity. so maybe I'm just mean to old ladies, but seriously, I can't handle people like her, maybe it's just me.

2 Comments:

Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

I think you should read this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/068987474X/sr=8-1/qid=1145938918/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7531137-8882542?%5Fencoding=UTF8

9:25 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

ah, because I'm not sure if it's going to go anywhere that means he's just not that into me? but actually he did call me and we will most likely go out this weekend. and if we don't there's always another scotsman (or other type of man) just down the road a wee bit...

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home