Friday, April 28, 2006

Violence

I wonder if I'm abnormally angry/violent or if everyone thinks about killing the other drivers on the road on a daily basis? I get enraged so quickly at how incredibly crappy people drive, it's not just cutting me off altho that drives me nuts, but also when they are going 60 in the fast lane and the speed limit is 65 plus if you are in the fast lane you had better be going at least 75 or there's a good chance you are going to get rear ended or when they can't decide which damn lane they actually want to be in and use two or the ones who suddenly make a right turn from the left lane because they didn't realize they had to go there, I mean, what's that about? They almost side swipe you and then look confused when I honk at them and flip them off. I mean, I know I have a bad temper and get angry really quickly but on the other hand, even with all my murderous thoughts I've never actually been in a physical fight with anyone but my older brother and even then not since I was a teenager, I've never hit anyone or threatened anyone but when I'm driving I seriously want to just kill people, am I insane or is this normal?

5 Comments:

Blogger vq said...

My greatest rage-inducer: those little gardener's trucks full of mowers and edgers, with three guys sitting abreast in the cab, going 40 in the carpool lane with a line of fifty cars beind them.

I feel my blood pressure rising as I type...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Alright, I feel more normal now, thanks! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

I've put in an order, with one of my senior developers, for a gun to be mounted on the front of my car that would allow me to just vaporize people who drive slow in the fast lane.

Hopefully it'll be done soon. If it works, I'll market 'em and make a bazillion dollars.

8:57 PM  
Blogger sparky said...

first verb , do those gardeners take care of mowing your lawn ? Second . where are you all rushing off to . you need to learn to relax when you drive . before you even get behind the wheel realize that most people driving don't know how to drive , are stupid , high , hung over , drunk and or very tired . With that in mind drive defensively . Maybe it was all my days of driving in manhattan but not much bothers me out on the road . I never get mad at stupid things people do . I laugh at people who are banging on their steering wheel or are visably upset by whats going on in the road conditions . Where ever they are going will still be there if they are a bit late unless they are in cardiac arrest and need to get to to hospital and even then the WORSE that can happen is they will die and they are going to die sometime anyway so ................. allan

PS: slow down , enjoy the scenery , don't become a crash site for me to gawk at , verb , have your blood pressure checked please , you may need to be on medication . ak

6:25 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

on my way home yesterday this jackass cut in front of me without nearly enough room, I didn't honk, just waited, he then pulled into the lane on the right side of me, still a little in front of me, he knew he had done something stupid, I see him looking at me in his drivers side mirror so I mouthed "asshole" at him and flipped him off and smiled and he smiled back and flipped me off too. it was sort of surreal, so polite yet so hostile, I think that sums up my driving experience in the City of Angels.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home