Monday, January 05, 2009

Meet the family

Lots going on here in So Cal. My mom is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. She went in Saturday and is now doing ok, hopefully she'll be able to go home sometime this week. The real problem is the she's still smoking, even though she's been on oxygen for at least 6 years at this point and her blood isn't oxygenated enough which makes her heart work harder... so if she can't finally quit smoking I don't know how long she'll be around. It sucks and I really don't want to lose her but I know how she is and I'm not very hopeful that she'll quit.
On the BF front, I met his WHOLE FAMILY yesterday. For some reason I thought it was just going to be a small brunch with his brother and sister-in-law for her birthday but it was also his parents, his grandmother, her parents, brother and SIL, and a bunch of her friends. So I got to meet everyone right off the bat. It went well though, everyone was nice although his father is not very friendly or outgoing, but oh well, can't have everything. Then we went to WalMart and a couple of other places to look at furniture options for the kitchen and bathroom so we can add more storage. It was a nice weekend except for my moms health issues.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bert Bananas said...

Are you their first Latina?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Ded said...

Discounting their lawn cutters, you mean?

4:27 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

I'm not Latina silly :) I am the first of my kind in their family though I think!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

everything okay?

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home