Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend wrapup

I had a really nice weekend, busy but really enjoyable. Saturday the BF and I did a lot of cleaning around the house because we were having people over on Sunday to watch the Oscars, and we ran some errands and went to the grocery store. Then the rest of the day we just watched TV and movies and hung around the house. Sunday I got to go riding with my landlord, just around the horse ring because it was kind of ugly outside but he said next weekend we'll go for a trail ride. He seemed a little impressed that I actually kind of know what I'm doing and he gave me a pair of cowboy boots to wear from now on as I only had my regular boots. It's definitely a bonus to have horses right on the property and landlords willing to take me riding, in my opinion. BF isn't at all interested in going with me, but oh well, maybe I'll get him on a horse eventually.
Then around 4:00 people started arriving for our party, we had 9 people total including BF and me and we all put in $5 and filled out Oscar ballots and the person with the most correct won the $45. I was tied with my friend Karla for most correct most of the night, with BF and another guy also being in the running, but then Karla pulled ahead and won. She got 19 of 24 correct, the bitch, I only got 15. Anyway, we had fun and I think all of our friends did too, and that's the important thing. As for the winners, I knew Heath would win and his family members gave nice acceptance speaches, it was really touching. I wanted Anne Hathaway to win but knew Kate would and she did. I voted for Mickey but Sean took it, that was ok and I also voted for Penelope who won. Slumdog took a whole slew of awards and I voted for them for Best Picture and director so that was cool. It wasn't the best Oscars ever but it was far from the worst, plus if you are drinking and eating with friends it makes it ever so much more enjoyable :)
And that was my weekend, how was yours?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Totally off subject-but did you ever find a birth control method? I just saw something called essure on TV and you might want to check it out. No hormones, but it is permanent so no changing your mind down the road.

I found the info at essure.com

5:42 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Hey Gail, I got a diaphram but we really hate that you have to use contraceptive jelly with it which tastes gross. I'll check into essure, I'm pretty much (95%) sure at this point I don't want children.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home