Monday, May 18, 2009

Disneyland!

We had a really nice weekend. I wanted to thank my ex-MIL for taking care of me while I was recouping, so I bought 4 tickets to Disneyland and had them come down for a visit on Saturday evening. We totally cleaned the house Saturday during the day, did laundry, went to the grocery store, etc and they got into town around 5 pm. BF grilled turkey burgers and we had deviled egg potato salad and a green salad with avocados, tomatoes, english cuke and romaine. It was so nice out that we ate on the deck and then we played Texas Hold'em and had panna cotta from Trader Joe's for dessert, it's SO good.
Sunday we all got up early, I made us a cheese omelet with blueberry bagels and fruit for breakfast and we took off for Disneyland. We got there before 9:00 am and were able to get on three rides in a row w/out really having to wait, it was great. Then we had lunch at the House of Blues in downtown Disney, went back to the park for a while and finally left around 5:30. After we drove back home, my ex-MIL & FIL stayed for a while, then packed up and took off. Heidi (ex-MIL) kept telling me what a great time they had, she was so happy. Plus, it was her b-day weekend, so it was perfect timing. I'm really glad they had a good time because I wanted to do something really nice for her after all she did for me.
Of course, by the end of the evening I had a killer headache, probably from the sun, and I still have it today, I ended up getting to work late because when I woke up I couldn't see well out of my right eye, it was all fuzzy. Stupid migraines... oh well, it was still a wonderful weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger vq said...

How were the lines at D-land? The last couple of times I've gone have just been miserable. Guess I've just lost my tolerance for crowds.

(Plus, I HATE the FastPass system. I think it just makes all the lines worse.)

5:59 PM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

You have to know how to work the FastPass thing -- I've been there at the height of the Summer madness and got on more rides than I would normally get on in 3 days.

I was wondering whether the economy was having an impact on attendance at the park?

8:52 PM  
Blogger vq said...

Hallie was there weekend before last and said there were mad crowds. The entire parking garage was filled, and they had to go to some overflow lot near the old Disneyland hotel.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Wow, not sure how we got lucky, it was not crowded at all. We literally waited in line 30 minutes for Indiana Jones, less than that for Pirates and Haunted Mansion. At the Buzz Lightyear ride the girl put us thru the FastPass line even though we didn't have one :) I thought maybe it was because of the economy, but if it was busy when Hallie went it can't be that.

12:45 PM  
Blogger vq said...

Indiana Jones is the best ride in the park!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home