Monday, May 11, 2009

Not a UTI...

But then we all were pretty sure it wasn't, huh? Yeah, the woman at Urgent care said she's pretty sure it's herpes, BF was in the room with me at the time. I had already told him I thought that's what it was. He actually had everything tested except for that prior to me meeting him and he really didn't know he had it. The Dr said many people get no symptoms at all on their first outbreak, or even just one little thing that looks like an ingrown hair, so he didn't even realize he had it. He feels like crap about it, it's FREAKIN' painful, lemme tell ya. I didn't kill him because I do believe he didn't know he had it. He's still in a state of disbelief but he knows that's the only place I could have gotten it, I haven't cheated on him. So now I'm on Valtrex and am hoping it subsides quickly and I am not one of the unlucky ones who has bunches of outbreaks. Sigh... if it's not one thing it's something else. But as Blu said, at least it's nothing worse, it's not gonna kill me or anything. Sucks though, I've never had as much as a cold sore in my life and now I have this. If I thought he was lying to me... he'd be the new Mr. Bobbitt, but I don't think he is. Frick.

11 Comments:

Blogger vq said...

Yikes, Beanns. That's tough. But YOU are tougher than most anything that could come down the pike.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

And how do you know he gave it to you? You just had surgery, didn't you? Your immune system was probably down and it could have come out just now. (Not sure if that's possible but worth looking into before you blame him as the culprit).

-blu

5:42 PM  
Blogger Jean Seymour said...

The doctor actually said it shows up for the first time w/in 3-7 days of exposure and I am sure I've never had this before, so he definitely gave it to me. But I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, he wouldn't have given it to me on purpose, he loves me too much.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beanns - that sucks! I'm sorry!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Sigh... it does suck. I survive cancer and now I have fricken' herpes. I was single for 10 years and didn't get anything because I made them all suit up. But since we are monogomous (sp) and we'd both been tested we haven't been using protection and here I am. Nothing I can do about it now though.

7:21 AM  
Blogger mavis sidebottom said...

could be worse you could be pregnant at least herpes doesn't want to eat all your food mess up your house then pay for it to go to university ;)

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3-7 days? But then why didn't you get it a long time ago? With that, I would be suspicious.

Anyway, it sucks, sorry you have to go through this, yes it could be much much worse, but this is just crap you don't need.

-blu

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

doesn't a loy of individual herpes symptoms etc. depend on it being active or dormant? you can have it without knowing for awhile if it isn't active.

8:09 PM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

Yikes!! That sucks. Do condoms actually prevent the spread of herpes?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

LOL Alex! You always crack me up!

Blu, I actually know the exact date I was exposed; we had sex on a Sunday and I started feeling burning during urination on Wed at work. As for just getting exposed now, he probably didn't have an outbreak before and you aren't contagious the rest of the time for the most part. And his outbreaks are apparently very mild so he didn't know and I didn't notice anything... but you are right, it is something I don't need

Jilly, you are correct, it can be dormant for months or years and in his case, since he never had a bad outbreak, he just didn't realize he had it and I was unlucky and had sex with him when it was not dormant

Urbs, even condoms don't always prevent it because it's not just from fluids, it's also from skin to skin contact.

It does suck that I waited 10 years for a good guy, finally found one and he has the herps :(

8:53 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home