Thursday, March 05, 2009

What's up doc?

So as you all know, I've been to a couple of plastic surgeon's about breast reconstruction. A few weeks ago I saw a surgeon at UCLA medical center who does the type of surgery I want to have done. He told me what he'd do (DIEP Flap recon) and how long I'd be in the hospital (3-4 days) and recovery time (out of work 4-6 weeks). I've decided to go ahead and do the surgery. This doctor apparently has one of the best records for this type of surgery in the world, UCLA is a world renowned place to have anything done and I feel comfortable with the doc and his staff. This link: http://breastcancer.about.com/od/lifeduringtreatment/tp/diep_kind.htm, will give you a better idea as to the surgery I'll be having done. My date is set for Tuesday, March 24 so it's coming up quickly. I will check in with y'all as soon as I am able, hopefully by that weekend some time. My ex-MIL is going to come stay with us from the Sunday after until the following weekend because the BF has to work and I don't want to be home alone the first week. Keep your fingers crossed and send out good thoughts that it goes well and the cats don't jump on me as soon as I get home...

9 Comments:

Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said...

I wish you beautiful natural looking bosoms Beannie girl and a fab cleavage to go with your fab personality

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck and I dont blame you at all for having it done I would too I hope you are perkier than the perkiest thing in a perky thing contest

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

i wish the same things as orbie and alex, it's the least you deserve after what you went through.

jilly

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jenny Robin said...

ditto ditto ditto

4:11 PM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

Good luck! I'd do it too.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ded said...

I'd do it, too. And I just might.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Thanks everyone, you are all so awesome and supportive! Plus you make me laugh and friend's who do all that for me are priceless, IMHO :)
Ded, if you get them done I want to see pics!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

As do we all. Hope those puppies stand right up and salute!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Beans!!!!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home