Thursday, March 19, 2009

When old boyfriend's happen to good people

So I was checking my email the other day and I saw there was an email from the guy I was dating right before BF. I have to say, when I saw his name in my inbox I got that weird feeling in my stomach. All I could think was "what on earth is he emailing me for?". We hadn't talked since he broke things off, and I really couldn't think why he'd initiate contact. So I open the email and see that he is apologizing for how he handled things. He said he's sorry for how things ended, that he freaked out when I met his daughter and thought things had progressed farther than he felt comfortable with. He now realizes that any awkwardness was all in his head and both the daughter and I were fine. He said I deserved better; that I'm beautiful, smart and all together awesome. He hoped I could forgive him and that either way he wishes me only the best. So that's all well and good, it put me in a tiny bit of turmoil; not because I'd for a second consider leaving BF to go back to him, and he didn't actually ask me to anyway. But I did have fairly strong feelings for him and it was weird hearing from him out of the blue. I ended up emailing him back and saying that I also wish things had gone differently, that I thought we got along really well and could have had something long term, but I don't hold any grudges or ill will towards him. Haven't heard anything since which is fine by me...
So, surgery is next Tuesday. This is an approx. 7 hour surgery, I had labs done last week, did a phone screening with the anesthesia nurse today to make sure I'm healthy enough and I think I'm about ready to go. I have to do some cleaning around the house and laundry before so it doesn't drive me crazy while I'm recouping. My ex-MIL is coming to stay with me for a week so I'm not home alone during the day and I want the place to look decent when she gets there. And we are having a little house warming party on Saturday as a sort of last hurrah since I won't be up for much partying for quite a while.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bert Bananas said...

I sure wish you the best! When you get back to work, I'll take you to lunch and you can show me the results! (j/k! [but not about the lunch])

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

good lucl jean.

bert's the best!

jilly

6:24 PM  
Blogger vq said...

Hey, don't clean TOO much. Nobody cares how the house looks. I think you should go into this surgery as well-rested as possible!

I'm sure it will all go great, and think how much fun it will be to have the gravity defying boobs of a 16 year old! :D

11:01 AM  
Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Best of Luck m'dear

3:26 PM  
Blogger Orbie/\;;/\ said...

oh and Verb is right about the cleaning... the heck with it

3:26 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Thanks Bertie, I'll definitely let you know when I'm back at work, we can have dim sum in Monterey Park :)

And thanks ladies as well, I appreciate the good thoughts and I won't spend too much time cleaning, I'm just a little anal retentive!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

best wishes for a speedy recovery.

6:27 AM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

Speedy recovery!

Look for the silver lining just think, brand new boobs!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thinking of you!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

so how are you doing beanie girl?

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home