Thursday, July 16, 2009

I hate cancer

So I've been cancer free now for almost 2 years, I'm coming up on my 2nd anniversary which is a big date. It's called being NED, no evidence of disease and the gals like to say they are dating Ned...
I'm really really grateful that I seem to be beating it since I was stage III and it seemed my docs didn't have a great outlook on my prognosis. I try to live each day to the fullest, I finally got over my issues with relationships and found a man who loves me and who I love in return. I'm working on myself, my relationships, my life and I'm, for the most part, very happy
My friend C who's the same age as me was diagnosed with cancer (a different kind) about 2 1/2 years ago. She didn't quite make 2 years before it came back. She recently (like a week ago) finished chemo for the second time. Today she found out from a PET scan that the tumor that had shrunk due to chemo has now grown and it has spread to her bowl and she has activity in her thigh. She was stage IV when diagnosed, but still, this SUCKS SO MUCH ASS. She has kids and a husband and is fighting so hard and it's back without her even getting a break. I hate, hate, hate cancer and what it does to us, what it tries to take from us. I know she'll keep fighting and I'll be praying every day that she wins this fight, but my heart HURTS for her and her family and there's absolutely nothing I can do.

10 Comments:

Blogger vq said...

I am very sorry about your friend.

You know, YOU are the success story I tell people who need encouragement in their battle with cancer. I have always admired your amazing attitude.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Bert Bananas said...

A lot of people suffer in life and don't have good people like you to be with them. You can't stop the suffering, but you're way ahead on points when it comes to being caring and supportive.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jilly said...

having a freind who had been there and back must be a comfort to her. keep being an inspiration to your friend .

jilly

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beanns, I'm so sorry about your friend, but I know you will be a great source of comfort and support for her - come what may.

3:07 PM  
Blogger emma said...

Beann,
love to you and your friend

6:23 PM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your kind words. She's definitely a fighter and is not going to let this get the better of her if she can help it. Please think good thoughts, her name is Colleen.

10:32 AM  
Blogger UrbanStarGazer said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beanns, I just heard about your mom, and I wanted to say I'm sorry.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my best thoughts to your friend Colleen -- I know the devastation of cancer since my husband died of it in March. Best thoughts to both of you, and much love.
Carolyn

3:15 PM  
Blogger Coey said...

I ended up falling into your blog by accidentally hitting the next blog button. Every success story seems to be directly connected to someone that is still fighting. I will have your friend in my thoughts; while I too continue this fight.
I hate cancer too!
Congrats on being two years free!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home