Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've been lagging...














I know I'm a big ole lagger, it's been busy at work and at home, but I'll try to recap now!

It was my birthday last Friday and I took the day off from work. BF, my friend Karla and I drove up the coast to Santa Maria, stopping in Santa Barbara (actually Isla Vista) for lunch at Freebirds, which was supposed to be the best burrito to be had in those parts. We thought they were ok, but not the best, oh well. Then when we got to SM, we went by my ex-MIL's house to visit, we had brought her these yummy honeydew melon ice bars you can only get at Asian markets, she had them while she was here taking care of me and loved them. They taste sort of like a 50/50 but honeydew instead of orange, yummers. She gave me a Visa gift card for my b-day and a really lovely greeting card. Then we went to my mom's, we did some chores around the place for her, hung out for a bit, then went into San Luis Obispo for dinner. They were having an event called Art after Dark, around 20 stores and galleries were having exhibits, we walked around for about an hour, then went to an Italian place for dinner. I'd never been there, but the food was really good and the waiter, an older gentleman, was so nice. I had scallops with pasta alfredo and it was very good. I also mentioned it was my birthday and he brought us out a tiramisu for dessert, it was SO good! Yummy, yum yum...

Saturday we did more stuff for my mom, including BF putting in a new shower head, then we went for a long drive. It's really pretty in that area, there's not much to do, but it's very scenic. For dinner we had a local BBQ place deliver food ranging from ribs to tri-tip to chicken. It was a little disappointing and if anyone is in SM for BBQ I'd suggest stopping at any of the oak wood BBQ pits on Broadway vs. eating at the restaurant. Then we left SM at around 8:00 pm, stopped at Starbucks and drove home.
Sunday we mostly did stuff around the house, went to WalMart to get more stuff for the plants, TP and stuff. It was nice having a day to relax, lemme tell ya. I'm including some pics of my plants, they are doing really well, it's so exciting!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm, what the fuck is that in the last picture? -blu

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just my eyes, or are there snakes in every one of those pictures? -blu

7:30 PM  
Blogger mavis sidebottom said...

someones putting rubber snakes in their garden I think it makes a nice chnage from emmas gnomes

8:19 AM  
Blogger Beanns37 said...

LOL Oh yeah Blu, I heard that putting fake snakes can keep out some of the varmints so we bought some at WalMart to try :)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

might i suggest a little mulch around the plants. it will keep the ground moist after watering.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

by now those tomatoes are probably red and eaten.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Jo-Ann said...

How's the new boob? Update your blog please.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home