Thursday, June 01, 2006

My long weekend

Last weekend was a long weekend anyway, since the CU was closed on Monday but I took an additional two days off, five days total, I really need a longer vacation but I don't have the time accrued yet so this was what I could do for now. It was nice though, I didn't do a lot, so many times I pack tons of stuff into a vacation and then don't get to relax. Saturday I'm not even sure what I did, I had to get an oil change which I did and while waiting had breakfast with a friend, then walked to the mall and did some shopping, didn't buy anything but had some gelato, yummy. Later I did...? I think I went to the gym and then I stayed home and did nothing. Sunday got up fairly early and picked up my friend Jen and drove into Ventura, we stopped at a roadside stand on the 126 to buy some locally grown stuff, they had nuts, fruit, honey, olives, etc, I got olives and honey, Jen got olives, turkey jerky and some beeswax/honey lotion stuff. Then when we got to Ventura we found a hotel and reserved a room but it was too early to check in so we went downtown and walked around, shopped, I bought some soaps at this cute little shop, earrings, nail polish, lipgloss and a pretty Indian top (turquoise w/beads and sequins on it, it goes over another top and only has a loop at the waist to secure it), really cute, all that was like $20, score, Jen bought shoes there and a top I think, she spent more at every store we went to. Also went to a thrift store and I bought two books for $1.48, Catcher in the Rye because I didn't own it already and some other fluffy, girly beach book. Then we ate lunch at some healthy place, not healthy on purpose but when we looked at the menu we realized it was, then we went and checked in at the hotel, she took a shower, then I took one and did out hair and make up and then drove into Santa Barbara to party, we ate at Rusty's Pizza, if you go to SB make sure to have pizza, there are two Rusty's in town, we ate at the one right on the beach by the pier, so good. Then we proceeded to State Street, and went to I think 4 or 5 bars/clubs, not sure exactly, they were making the drinks SO strong, I had five all night which I know is a lot for some people but not for me but I was DRUNK, and Jen had 6 so she was worse. And there were no cute guys hitting on us, she got hit on by one guy when I was in the bathroom at one place, but let's just say no to that one, but then a guy complimented me on my top (the Indian one, told ya it was cute) at another bar, so we talked to him for a bit, he's an artist in Montecito, he gave me his card, I gave him mine, we took some pictures with him, he was a good sport, but then his lame friends made him leave, and that was the last cute boy we talked to. but I'm going to email him and see if he responds, if not, oh well. Monday morning woke up not feeling great, no wonder, but we went to the beach and layed out for an hour or so then headed back into LA, stopped at another roadside stand and bought some fruit, tomatoes, nuts to take back, dropped Jen off, went home and did nothing the rest of the day. Tuesday i went looking for apartments in Glendale but OMG, I am so not paying $1000 a month for a one bedroom, so I guess I'm not living there since that was the median price. That was depressing, but I also went to the mall to get a gift card at Ann Taylor for a friend and bought a pair of Steve Madden wedges for $40 on sale, they are SO CUTE, I can't stand it, wore them yesterday and everyone was dying, they are really high and I'll probably break my ankle at some point but I don't care. I went to lunch with Jen and her coworkers yesterday, didn't have to pay since they expensed it, we had Creole food, Jen's from Louisianna originally, she said it was good but not really authentic but I enjoyed it anyway, also went to the gym both Tuesday and Wednesday, then last night I went and met a guy for coffee in Burbank and bought another book at a discount place, Terry Prachett, 1st edition hardback for $5, score again.
Today am back at work, have to work tonight also, I so didn't want to come in, why can't I win the lotto and not have to work anymore? I am wearing my new earrings at least, that makes me feel better. Anyway, the weekend is almost here and my birthday party is Saturday in Pasadena and we celebrate both my coworker Debra's and my birthday tomorrow here at work with cake and presents, I love gifts, and I also had three books delivered from Amazon this morning here so that was like an early b-day gift too, even though I paid for them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home